1: JOHN PHILLIPS b. 15 Sep 1735, d. Mar 1736 DIED YOUNG
First born child dies aged 6 months.
2: CAPTAIN JOHN PHILLIPS II b. 2 Oct 1736, Newport, Rhode Island, d. 16 Nov 1794, Home of Jacob Rowe, Boston, his brother-in-law. Married RACHEL LEVY b. 7 Mar 1768, New York, d. 13 Feb 1833, Baton Rouge, Louisiana. Godfather to several of his siblings children.
Their children were all christened at Newport, Rhode Island.
- John Phillips b. 5 Sep 1787, Newport, Rhode Island, d. 28 Oct 1853, Baton Rouge
- William Phillips I b. 7 Oct 1789, New York, d. 3 Apr 1849, Quebec
- Anna Maria Phillips b. 25 Jun 1791
- Susan Angelique Phillips b. 13 Nov 1793
- Thomas Payson
5: AVIS PHILLIPS b. 17 Jun 1740 Married JEDEDIAH PREBLE born in 1734 in York, Maine. (son of Brigadier-General Jedediah PREBLE and Martha JUNKINS) in 1761 in Boston, Suffolk, Massachusetts who died of exposure consequent upon shipwreck.
- Nancy PREBLE was born on Apr 24 1763 in York, ME.
- Jedidiah PREBLE was born on Jul 29 1765 in Castine, Hancock, ME.
- John Phillips PREBLE was born in 1768 in Castine, Hancock, ME.
- Daniel PREBLE was born about 1772 in Castine, Hancock, ME.
- Avis Binney PREBLE. (named after Aunt Avis Engs Binney, her mothers sister)
- Samuel PREBLE was born about 1770 in Castine, Hancock, ME.
7: THOMAS PHILLIPS b. 26 Jul 1743 d. Mt. Tirzah, Caswell (now Person) Cty, NC. at home of Grizey and Stephen Moore
8: PENELOPE PHILLIPS b. 29 Oct 1743, Boston, Suffolk County, Mass, d. Apr 1817, Milton, Suffolk Cty, MA. Married JACOB ROWE b. 23 Jan 1724, Exeter, Devon, England,, d. 28 Dec 1813, Milton, Suffolk Cty, MA.(Jacob Rowe is son of Joseph ROWE and Mary HAWKER)
- John ROWE b. 1765 d. Abt. 1838; m. ESTHER ROGERS, May 09, 1792, Gloucester, Essex, MA; b. November 09, 1773, Gloucester Essex, MA. Notes for JACOB ROWE:
Notes for ESTHER ROGERS:
She was the administrator of the will of his Uncle John who had raised her husband.
10: SARAH PHILLIPS I b. 10 Mar 1748, Boston, Suffolk County, Mass DIED YOUNG
11: GRIZEY PHILLIPS b. 18 Feb 1749, Boston, Suffolk County, Mass, d. 14 Jan 1822, Mt Tirzah, Person County, North Carolina. Married GENERAL STEPHEN MOORE b.October 30, 1734 in New York City, Colony of NY, (son of JOHN MOORE and FRANCES LAMBERT) d. December 29, 1799 in Stagville (Fairntosh Farm), Person Cty, NC.
(The Moore's departure from Boston for Carolina, is mentioned in Capt John Phillips II letter to Ann Phillips his mother June 27th, 1775. the Moore family were enroute and stopped at Norfolk on 30th April 1775 to begin their overland journey to Carolina)
12: MARY PHILLIPS b. 1 Jul 1750 d. October 13, 1791, Quebec, Canada; Married HUGH FINLAY b. 1730, Scotland, d. Dec 26 1801, Quebec, Canada
- Ann Finlay b. 1774
13 JANE PHILLIPS b. 6 Aug 1751, d. 1807 Married THOMAS SCOTT Controller of Customs of Quebec, Loyalist, Lt. of Militia unit in Quebec
They were living in Quebec in 1776 per Stephen Moore.
14: SAMUEL PHILLIPS b. 29 Jul 1756, d. 6 Aug 1808, Quebec.
Samuel was living in Quebec in 1773 with his Mother and one sister. In 1776, Stephen Moore told his wife that Sam remains in his old office in Quebec. Samuel owned property at L'ancienne Lorette. Godfather to several of his siblings children.
15: WILLIAM PHILLIPS b. 3 Sep 1759 Command in Army of Canada c.1776Stephen Moore in 1776 told his wife that her brother, Bil, had a Command in the Army of Canada.
16: SARAH PHILLIPS II b. 1 Nov 1758, Boston, Suffolk County, Mass, d. 25 May 1778, Quebec
Dies aged 20.
2 Dictionary of Canadian Biography, vol. V, p. 314-19
East Milton, Massachusetts
14 Aug 1904
Dear Miss Webb,
East Milton, Massachusetts 12